Minutes of Gosfield Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 20th February 2012.

 

Present.

Cllr. Max Ford, Chairman.

Cllr. Bob Waters, Vice Chairman.

Cllr. Mark Bloomfield, Responsible Financial Officer.

Cllr. David Patmore.

Cllr. Tony Strudwick.

Cllr. Mandy Adams.

Cllr. Maggie Pawsey.

Cllr. Carol Hough.

Cllr. Jamie Davey.

11 members of the public.

Mr Tim Lucas. Housing Research and Development Manager – Braintree District Council.

 

12.250   Apologies for absence.

Apologies for absence were received from District Councillor John O’Reilly Cicconi and

County Councillor Joe Pike.

12.251   Declarations of interest.                  

Cllr. Tony Strudwick declared a personal and prejudicial interest in the planning application 12/00063/LBC – Bramble Cottage, The Street, Gosfield.

12.252   Public session.

Members of the public raised the following points: Possible provision of a public footpath across the Playing Field. A request for consultation on the possible provision of a public footpath across the Playing Field. The allocations document, specifically relating to G0S5 (land north of Meadway). A request for an up to date position on the provision of new allotments, west side of The Street, Gosfield.

The Chairman, Cllr. Max Ford made the following comments. “Congratulations to the Gosfield Players for their recent successful performance of Jack and the Beanstalk”. The Chairman informed

all present at the meeting that the Jubilee Celebrations were starting to take shape and that he would report back at future meetings of the Parish Council. The Chairman also thanked members of the public and in particular Cllr. Mandy Adams for snow clearance and salt scattering following the recent snow fall.

12.253   a). To approve the minutes of the previous meeting held on the 16th January 2012.

               b). To consider any matters arising from the minutes of the 16th January including the

                    Action Plan.

a).   The minutes of the previous meeting held on the 16th January 2012 was unanimously approved.

b).   There were no matters arising from the previous meeting or from the Action Plan.

12.254 County Councillor and District Councillor reports.

No reports were received.

-2-

12.255   To discuss the S106 agreement for shared ownership and rental properties at Edmund Green. Mr Tim Lucas, Research and Development Manager from Braintree District Council addressed the meeting. There were questions and answers relating to the following points:

  • Gateway to Home Choice. The Council’s on-line registration system to allow all applicants on the housing list to apply for specific properties. The new system is in partnership with 6 other councils.
  • Allocations.
  • Lettings.
  • The Section 106 legal agreement for the shared ownership and rental properties at Edmund Green.

Mr Tim Lucas, mindful of the level of interest and the number of questions asked specifically relating to the legal agreement, agreed to follow up this agenda item and report back to the Parish Council. Mr Tim Lucas was thanked for his presentation and was duly invited to address the Parish Council again at a later date.

 

12.256   To consider development site allocations.

a). Gosfield Airfield. The Parish Council agreed to the “Industrial Development Limit and Structural Landscaping Boundary” as set out in the aerial photo of the 10th February 2012. The Parish Council agreed that the key setting out the “Industrial Development Framework Limit and Structural Landscaping Boundary” as the aerial photo suggests would provide a defined boundary on the airfield. In addition, the Parish Council would ask that Braintree District Council through the mechanism of the Local Development Framework process considers the following comments from Gosfield Parish Council. 1). That a proper turning area into the industrial site is carefully considered. 2). That a bus stop close to the industrial site is carefully considered.

b). GOS5 (Land to the north of Chestnut Avenue). The Parish Council made no further additional comments to those previously stated upon formal consultation with Braintree District Council. The Parish Council wishes to see GOS5 designated, as previously stated, not for further residential development. The Parish Council does not want to see the village envelope enlarged, possibly at GOS5 for the purpose of residential development.

The Chairman closed the meeting to allow for members of the public to make additional comments relating to the development site allocations. There being no other additional issues relating to the allocations the Chairman reopened the meeting.

12.257   Braintree District Council planning applications.

The Parish Council agreed to make the following comments regarding the planning applications listed below. Cllr. Tony Strudwick left the room whilst item 12/00063/LBC was discussed.

Planning application number:   12/00018/ADV. Land at Hall Drive, The Street, Gosfield.

The Parish Council agreed to make no comment.

Planning application number:   12/00063/LBC. Bramble Cottage, The Street, Gosfield.

The Parish Council agreed to make no comment.

Planning application number:   12/00133/CON. 5 Highgates, Church Road, Gosfield.

The Parish Council agreed to make no comment.

-3-

12.258   Tree Preservation Orders.

There were no Tree Preservation Orders or associated tree works to be considered from Braintree District Council.

12.259   To receive an update on the allotments.

The Clerk and Cllr. Bob Waters gave an up to date position on the allotments, west side of The Street, Gosfield. Cllr. Bob Waters had received the offer of a grant from the Maurice Rowson Hall Perpetual Fund. Mr Paul Johnson (Parishioner) agreed to support Cllr. Bob Waters in relation to the Allotment Association. The Clerk advised the Parish Council that various legal papers had been signed and that the contract for signing and exchange was imminent. Cllr. Waters advised the Parish Council that he was applying to the National Lottery for additional funding to support the formation of the allotments.

12.260   To discuss the footpath across the Playing Field and associated quotes.  

The Parish Council discussed various options regarding a potential footpath across the Playing Field and decided to progress the options further. They agreed the item be put on the March agenda for further discussion. A meeting of the Playing Field Management Committee (PFMC) was being held in March and the Parish Council decided to discuss this issue further with the PFMC.

12.261   To consider engraving the gavel.

The Chairman, Cllr. Max Ford, deferred the item for further consideration and wider consultation.

12.262   To consider a memorial plaque in memory of the late Mr Tony Harrington.

The Chairman, Cllr. Max Ford, deferred the item for further consideration and wider consultation.

12.263   To discuss and agree the future policy of the Grapevine Magazine.

The Parish Council unanimously agreed that the Grapevine Magazine continues in its current format for another year. Cllr. Tony Strudwick agreed to review with Grapevine Magazine in a year’s time.

Six issues of the Grapevine Magazine in black and white copy are scheduled for the year 2012.

12.264   The Diamond Jubilee Celebrations.

a). The Parish Council unanimously agreed to accept a generous grant from the Maurice Rowson Hall Perpetual Fund towards the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations. b). No decision was taken on a possible commemorative gift/coin for the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations.

12.265   To consider the formation of a volunteer group to coordinate gritting around the village during the winter period.

It was agreed that now the winter snow had disappeared to coordinate a volunteer group later into 2012. The Clerk was asked to enquire about early stocks of salt from Essex County Council.   

12.266   To receive a verbal update from the Children’s Play Area Committee.

The Parish Council unanimously agreed that Cllr. Dave Patmore contact RSS to ask for a repair on the Alien to be completed in the next 14 days. If RSS did not complete the work the Parish Council would seek alternative options. Cllr. Patmore reported that further options for grants were being considered to secure a new seesaw plus other associated works in the Children’s Play Area.

12.267 To approve the accounts for payment.   Responsible Financial Officer.

The Responsible Financial Officer produced the accounts for payment. It was unanimously agreed to accept the accounts for payment.

12.268   Correspondence.

It was agreed that Cllr. Bob Waters and the Clerk would fill in the application form for the Best Kept Village Competition for 2012. The Clerk reminded Councillors’ of the Planning Training at Braintree District Council, Causeway House on the 21st February 2012

12.269   Any other business.

Cllr. Mark Bloomfield highlighted a recent “higher than normal” electricity invoice for the Pavilion. It was agreed that Cllr. Bloomfield reports back to the Parish Council at the March meeting regarding the invoice once wider consultation with the groups that use the Pavilion had taken place.

Cllr. Max Ford thanked Cllr. Tony Strudwick for the additional panels he had made for the village War Memorial. Cllr. Tony Strudwick had hand crafted the additional panels from oak to match in with the existing village War Memorial.

The Parish Council noted that the plaque in the room that the Parish Council meets in containing the names of previous Chairmen be updated.

Cllr. Tony Strudwick asked that a public note be recorded regarding the signs that had appeared in the village by Mr Frank Ladkin’s building company. It was duly noted, and by way of this minute recorded, that the two year period for which the signs could be erected by Mr Frank Ladkin had commenced when the signs were erected in February 2012.

It was noticed by some members of the Parish Council that the highway “Speed Indication Devices” in the village needed to be looked at/updated.  The Clerk agreed to follow this issue up and report back to the Parish Council.

There being no other business the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.55pm.

The next meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Monday 19th March at 7.15pm in the Maurice Rowson Hall, Church Road, Gosfield.